This is the sun today – another cloudless day. Best 300 of 1000 frames stacked in Registax. Captured using my Lunt LS35THa solar telescope and the IS DMK51AU02.AS CCD camera.
All posts by Haavard_K
After photographing deep sky objects all winter, I spent this weekend photographing solar system object. The targets was the Sun, Jupiter and the moon. After a cloudy afternoon, the sky cleared a couple of hours before the moon rises above my horizon. I started imaging Jupiter in RGB (the result will be posted as soon as I´ve processed it). A few hours later the moon was within reach of my telescope. Here is the result:
First light for my new Imaging Source DMK51AU02.AS. I purchased this camera to be able to image the whole solar- and lunar disc in one image. This is an upgrade from my Imaging Source DMK21AU618.AS which has a smaller sensor.
The sun is captured using IC Capture. 1000 frames for surface details and 1000 frames for prominences. 200-300 best frames was stacked and processed in Registax 6 and Photoshop CS 5.
I have started to work on the Rosette Nebula. Due to the 45% illuminated waxing moon, I started with h-alpha. I managed to get 10 good exposures on the night of january 26th. I will continue to collect more h-alpha, and when the conditions are good enough RGB image data.
This is the result so far:
First light for my new telescope – The Takahashi FSQ 106-EDX III astrograph.
Not an ideal night for astrophotography, but I managed to get a few decent exposures of the comet between the clouds. Hopefully I´ll have another go at this comet before it disappears from my skies…
After a few nights without clouds, but with rather poor conditions for astrophotography, I´ve managed to create this image of the Bubble Nebula. This is a HaRGB: 6x1200sec Ha + 8x300sec RGB. I tried to make a better image after a third night of exposures, but I was most happy with this image. I have 15 unused LRGB exposures for another edit.
This is a work in progress. I managed to collect 6 x 20min successful H-alpha exposures last night. The rest of a total of 15 exposures were out of focus.
This object will be revisited soon to collect more light – including color-information.
After having my previous webpage for a little more than a year, I decided to move the whole thing to another server, and upgrade bouth the looks, and the “nuts & bolts” of the page.
Since most of my followers don’t speek norwegian, I have changed from being an all norwegian site, to write in engslish!
I hope you all enjoy my new site, and are looking forward to see your comments on my work! 🙂