Using PixInsight I made a new edit of The Rosette Nebula. I think I managed to get much more detail, and a much better color balance!
All posts for the month March, 2015
I am really starting to like this new way to process my images – PixInsight! The results are getting really improved! Here is the result after processing my last image of M81/M82 again in PixInsight:
Here is another crop – and rotation
Another night with clear skies! With Bode´s Galaxy right overhead, I decided to spend the night capturing this beautiful galaxy and its smaller neighbor the Cigar Galaxy.
An excellent week and weekend for astrophotography. I spent all week watching the sun during the day, and both friday and saturday night had clear skies and moonrise at about 4am. I spent the early hours of friday night (march 13th) capturing RGB-data for the Rosette Nebula. When the Rosette Nebula disappeared below the horizon, I turned my telescope to the Leo Triplet (M66 group), and managed to capture about 4hrs of good data before I had to get some sleep. The result was the LRGB-image of the Leo Triplet:
I finally managed to capture some RGB-data of the Rosette Nebula. After several failed attempts due to bad seeing and too much moonlight, I managed to capture a few hours of good RGB data during the night of march 13th.
This is the result of the RGB combined with the previously captured Ha-data.
This is the sun today in hydrogen-alpha. Best 300 of 1000 frames stacked in Registax. Captured using my Lunt LS35THa solar telescope and the IS DMK51AU02.AS CCD camera.
This is the sun today – another cloudless day. Best 300 of 1000 frames stacked in Registax. Captured using my Lunt LS35THa solar telescope and the IS DMK51AU02.AS CCD camera.
After photographing deep sky objects all winter, I spent this weekend photographing solar system object. The targets was the Sun, Jupiter and the moon. After a cloudy afternoon, the sky cleared a couple of hours before the moon rises above my horizon. I started imaging Jupiter in RGB (the result will be posted as soon as I´ve processed it). A few hours later the moon was within reach of my telescope. Here is the result:
First light for my new Imaging Source DMK51AU02.AS. I purchased this camera to be able to image the whole solar- and lunar disc in one image. This is an upgrade from my Imaging Source DMK21AU618.AS which has a smaller sensor.
The sun is captured using IC Capture. 1000 frames for surface details and 1000 frames for prominences. 200-300 best frames was stacked and processed in Registax 6 and Photoshop CS 5.